Wilson, William T., was born in the town of Newfane in 1846, a son of Daniel and Elizabeth (Temple) Wilson, natives of Yorkshire, England. His father came with his parents to America in 1833, and located on the Erie Canal, two miles east of Lockport, where the subject's grandparents died. Daniel Wilson came to Newfane in 1849 and located east of Wright's Corners, where he remained until his death in 1884. His mother resides with her son, Robert D. Wilson. William T. Wilson received his education in the common schools of Newfane, after which he engaged in farming. He has married twice, first to Martha H., daughter of Stephen Wilson, and they had four children; Raymond, born in 1878; Robert, born in 1879; Lester, born in 1881, and George, born in 1884. Mrs. Wilson died in 1889, and in January, 1895, he married Mary B. Adams, and has one child by this marriage, Eugene, born September, 1895. Mr. Wilson moved on to the farm he now owns in the spring of 1878 and is engaged in fruit and grain growing. He has twelve acres of peach orchard, four of pears, four of plums and sixteen of apples.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time