Wilson, John H., was born in the town of Lockport, April 10, 1843. His father, Joseph Wilson, was a native of Yorkshire, England, and came to the United States in 1829, at the age of twelve years, with his parents, Daniel and Martha Wilson. They bought a farm in the town of Lockport, where they have been identified for five generations. Joseph Wilson married Caroline, daughter of John Handshire, who came to Lockport in 1825, and who was one of the leading farmers of Niagara county. Thoroughly interested in educational and religious institutions and in the development of his town, Joseph Wilson also has been one of the representative farmers of the town and at eighty years is still active. John H. Wilson was educated in Lockport, and in 1864 married Alice, daughter of Edward and Elizabeth Calvert, and they have two children: Edward C, and Olive. Mr. Wilson is recognized as one of the conservative men of his town, taking an intelligent interest in school and church work, and has ever been recognized as a man of sterling integrity whose word is as good as his bond.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time