Town, W. S., M. D., was born in Jackson, Mich., June 9, 1853, a son of Salem L. and Jane E. (Howell) Town; Salem L., a native of Albany, born December 25, 1826, and Jane E. a native of Cambria. The grandparents, Levi and Mariah (Coon) Town, came to the town of Cambria in 1830, and settled on a farm where they remained until their death; he died in 1881, and she in 1878. Salem L. Town followed farming in Cambria and spent two or three years in Michigan. He was a Republican and served six years in succession as supervisor of Cambria. He died in 1891 and his widow in 1895. Dr. Town was reared on a farm and educated at Wilson in the public schools, and was graduated from the medical department of the University of Buffalo, February 25, 1880. After graduating he immediately commenced practicing at Smithville, Genesee county, where he remained two years, and then removed to Cambria, where he took up the practice of his old preceptor, W. C. Raymond, and now has a growing and lucrative practice. In June, 1895, he married Clara W., daughter of Bernard W. Ginty of Lockport.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time