Tabor, C. D., was born in Wilson, October 5, 1846, a son of Calvin Tabor, a native of Vermont, who came to Niagara county with his parents in 1821. Calvin Tabor was a blacksmith by trade, and married Rebecca, daughter of Alexander Oliver, whose family was prominent in the Revolutionary war. C. D. Tabor was educated at Wilson Collegiate Institute, and learned the iron moulder's trade. In 1868 he entered the employ of James Jackson, jr., & Son of Lockport, manufacturers of sash, doors and blinds, in which he has continued for the last thirty years. In 1877 he established the Wilson Planing Mill Co., which burned in 1879; he then spent five years in Steuben county, one year in Oshkosh, Wis., from 1888 to 1892 was manager of the Syracuse Sash and Door Co., from 1892 to 1895, was superintendent for C. J. Hamlin of Buffalo, and in the fall of 1895 came to Middleport as manager of the Royalton Door Co. Mr. Tabor is one of the conservative men of his town, taking an active interest in public events and has ever received and merited the respect of his associates.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time