Sullivan, P. M., of the city of North Tonawanda, was born in Pultney, Steuben county, N. Y., and was educated at Hammondsport Academy. In his early life he taught school and at the same time read law and was admitted from D. D. Waldo's office to practice law in this State in June, 1869. After practicing his profession for a year he went West and was engaged in mining for about seven years, after which he was a practicing attorney in California until he returned to this State in 1888. While in California, he was a member of the Legislature and enrolling clerk of the State Senate for four years. He located at North Tonawanda in 1892 where lie has since practiced his profession. His parents were natives of Longford, Ireland, his father coming to this country in 1816 and both of them were pioneers in Steuben county, where they settled upon a farm and cleared the same, raising a family of ten children and gave them the best of legacies, to wit: good health and sound constitutions.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time