Stricker, John C., was born at Niagara Falls, N. Y., October 22, 1857, a son of the late George A. Stricker. He was educated in the public schools of his native town and at the age of eighteen was appointed on the police force of Niagara Falls village, in which capacity he served for two years; he then entered the employ of the Singer Sewing Machine Company with whom he remained for ten years and in 1887 he was appointed a deputy collector of customs at Suspension Bridge. After three years he resigned that position to enter the real estate and insurance business in which he is still actively engaged. Mr. Stricker was one of the youngest and the last trustee of Suspension Bridge Village and one of the first aldermen of the city of Niagara Falls, being elected in 1891, shortly after its incorporation. He is a director of the Niagara Falls Land Company and a stockholder in the same, and is secretary and treasurer of the Niagara View Land Company and a stockholder in the same. He was also one of the organizers of the Niagara Brick Company. June 2, 1877, he married Anna Sheehan, and they have five children.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time