Rosenmiiller, Rev. George F., was born at Dayton, Ohio, October 24, 1847, and is a son of David Porter and Eliza Sheffer Rosenmiiller. He was graduated from the high school at Lancaster, Pa., and took a full classical course in the Franklin and Marshall College at Lancaster, from which he was graduated in 1869 in his twenty first year. He then entered the Divinity School at Philadelphia, from which he was graduated in 1872; in June of that year he was created deacon by the Right Rev. William Bacon Stevens, D.D., LL.D., S. T. D., bishop of Pennsylvania (Protestant Episcopal), and in the following year, 1873, at Reading, Pa., he was made a priest by the Right Rev. M. A. De Wolf Howe, D. D., LL. D., bishop of Central Pennsylvania. His first work was at Montoursville, Pa., and parts adjacent, where he remained, for five years, and then removed to Sayre, Pa., where he passed another term of five years in successful church work. November 1, 1882, he became rector of the parish of St. Peter's Protestant Episcopal church at Niagara Falls, where he has since remained. December 3, 1879, he married Helen Mercur, oldest child of Mahlon Mahr and Anna H. Jewett Mercur of Towanda, Pa., and to them have been born four daughters: Anna W., Mary K., Helen and Dorothea.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time