Robson, John B., was born in the town of Hartland, October 11, 1833, and is a son of Kendrah and Ruth (Breckon) Robson, natives of England. His father came to America with his parents in 1820 and his mother in 1830. His grandfather owned the first nursery in Niagara county, the orchard on the old homestead being of stock from that nursery. Mr. and Mrs. Robson had thirteen children: James, John B. (as above), Mary A, and Elizabeth (deceased), Rachel (deceased), Christie (matron at Union Springs Friends School), William D., Charles M., Eliza J. (married James Garbutt), Alice, Henry (deceased), Francis (died in infancy), and Ella. John B. Robson was married twice, first to Mary J. Sturtevant, who died in October, 1872, and second to Mary E. Foote in 1883. Mr. Robson was a member of the 8th N. Y. Cav., enlisting August 12, 1862, and was engaged in the following battles: London Valley, Barber's Cross Road, Fredericksburg, Gordenville, Chancellorsville, Beverly Ford and many others, serving until July 7, 1865, when he was discharged. He is now a member of Willis S. Hinman Post No. 178, G. A. R.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time