Pletcher, Franklin, was born at Niagara Falls, September 25, 1849, and is a son of Daniel Pletcher, a pioneer farmer of that place. Mr. Pletcher was educated in the public schools at Niagara Falls, and at the Lockport Union School; in 1869 he left school and went to work on his father's farm. In 1881 he removed to the village of Suspension Bridge, where he became an inspector of customs at the Custom House, and continued in that capacity until 1886, when he established his present business, that of flour, feed and grain. October 2, 1879, he married Martha E. Witmer, daughter of Joseph and Catharine Witmer, of the town of Niagara, and they have one daughter, Edith M.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time