Pitz, Philip F., was born in Buffalo, where he lived for thirty-one years. He learned the carpenter's trade, which he followed in that city twelve years in the planing mill of Henry Ruling. He was engaged in the hotel business for one year in Buffalo and opened the Angler's Retreat in Lewiston in 1894. This house is picturesquely situated on the bank of the river, the Gorge cars running by the door and the New York Central depot is across the street. The house is finely equipped and the dining room nicely kept and well lighted. In fact the house is first class in every respect and has telephone and all modern conveniences, and has in connection a first-class boat house and boats and fishing tackle, for fishing or pleasure boating. Mr. Pitz married Amelia Scheunamann in 1889, and they have two sons, Philip and Fred. Mr. Pitz is one of the enterprising and successful hotel men of the county and very popular.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time