Parker, Edward G., was born in Warsaw, Ill., December 11, 1854. His father, Isaac B. Parker, died at Marshalltown, Iowa, December 26, 1862. With his mother, Clarissa G. Parker; his brother, Willis F. Parker, and his sister, Clara A. Parker, he moved to Niagara county, N. Y., in the fall of 1863. Mr. Parker came to the city of Lockport to live with his uncle, Charles R. Parker, now deceased; he attended the public school. In 1877 he began the study of law in the office of Farnell & Burrell; in June, 1881, he was admitted to the bar. October 1, 1881, he accepted the office of deputy county clerk of Niagara county, under John A. Merritt, which position he held until October 1, 1886, when he resigned and went West for a short time; upon his return he commenced the practice of law and continued the same until January 1, 1893, when he again entered the county clerk's office as deputy, which position he now holds. Mr. Parker was first married October 18, 1882, to Miss Tryphenia M. Pierson, who died in January, 1885; then on March 8, 1888, he married Miss Elizabeth Kane of Hopewell, Ontario county, N. Y. Mr. Parker has been justice of the peace; he is also a member of the Royal Arcanum, Knights of St. John and Malta, and the order of Iroquois.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time