Parish, George D., was born in Porter, June 2, 1852, a son of William and Catherine (Lake) Parish. William Parish was born in Canada and came to Porter about 1836, and traded land for the farm George D. now owns. He died in June, 1881, and his widow married Harrison Perry, who died in Porter in 1891. They had three sons William lived on the homestead and died there February 17, 1897. George D. Parish was reared on a farm and educated in the common schools and Genesee Wesleyan Seminary, after which he engaged in farming, and in 1894 went to Flushing, Mich., where he engaged in the mercantile business and was also engaged in the same business at Seneca Falls for one year. He now has the only bazaar at Flushing, and also owns 154 acres of land at Porter. February 22, 1872, he married Adelia Halstead, and they have two children: Verna, at home, and Charles W., aged nineteen.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time