Noblett, John E., was born in County Carlow, Ireland, February 26, 1847, a son of John B. Noblett, a farmer. who came to America in 1848, settling at Buffalo, and who died in Virginia in 1889. John E. Noblett was educated in the public schools at Buffalo, and at the age of sixteen years entered the ship yards of Mason & Bidwell of Buffalo, where he learned carpentering and joining and remained until 1868, at which time he removed to Attica, N. Y., and engaged in business as a contractor and builder until 1886. In that year he was appointed deputy collector of customs at Niagara Falls, and filled that office until 1891, when he took the contract for the re' building of the Erie Railroad depot and sheds at Suspension Bridge, which were burned in 1890; he has since followed his trade of contractor and builder successfully. Mr. Noblett was the last trustee of the village of Suspension Bridge before its incorporation with Niagara Falls village as a city, and also served as alderman for two years. He is a member of Niagara Frontier Lodge No. 785, F. & A. M., and B. P. O. E., No. 346, of Niagara Falls. December 8, 1869, he married Anna C. Kaiser of Lancaster, N. Y., and they have two children: Eugene C. and John A.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time