Morris, Augustus, a son of Francis C. and Anna P. (Schoonmaker) Morris, was born in the town of Porter, Niagara county, N. Y., October 12, 1865. He attended the public schools and took a preparatory course in the Lockport Union School, after which he entered the law office of Hon. David Millar as a student, and was admitted to the bar at Rochester in 1893. He immediately began the practice of his profession, in which he continued alone for a year, when he formed a copartnership with Charles Hickey which copartnership continued until January 1, 1896, at which time Mr. Hickey was elevated to the bench as county judge and surrogate of Niagara county, and the copartnership dissolved by operation of law, after which the firm of Morris & Smith was formed, which copartnership still continues. Mr. Morris was married June 26, 1895, to Mary E., daughter of Rev. and Mrs. W. L. Warner, of Sanborn, N. Y.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time