Morgan, Andrew C., was born at Cambria, N. Y., January 9, 1871, a son of John Morgan, a thrifty farmer of that place, now deceased. Andrew C. Morgan attended the public schools of his native town and later the High School at Lockport; at the age of seventeen he began teaching school at Cambria. In the spring of 1889 he entered the law office of the Hon. P. F. King at Lockport, and continued there until the following fall, when he resumed his calling (as teacher) in the Lockport public schools. In the spring of 1890 he removed to Buffalo, where he entered the office of William C. Fitch, lawyer, and continued his studies until September of the same year, at which time he took a course of one year in the Buffalo Law School; returning to Lockport in 1891, he again entered the office of the Hon. P. F. King, where he remained until 1892, when he was admitted to the bar of the State of New York at Rochester, and two months later formed a partnership with his former instructor, P. F. King, at Lockport, which partnership was dissolved in December, 1894. Early in 1895 Mr. Morgan removed to Niagara Falls, and has ever since enjoyed a large and paying practice, ranking as one of the foremost young attorneys of that city.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time