Lennon, John, was born at Rome, N. Y., October 29, 1853, a son of the late Thomas Lennon, a mason and builder of that place. He was educated in the public and parochial schools of Lockport, whither his parents had removed in 1855, and at the age of fifteen began his business career by learning the trade of mason and builder with his father, which he followed until 1876, at which time he established himself in business at Lockport, as a contractor and builder, in which he is still engaged. In 1891 he removed to Niagara Falls, where he now resides. Mr. Lennon is well known throughout the northern section of New York State and has erected many imposing buildings in the principal cities, including the State Armory at Niagara Falls, at a cost of $80,000, and has been awarded the contract for the building of St. John's Protectory at Buffalo to cost $100,000. Mr. Lennon was married in September, 1874, to Ella McBride of Brockport, and they have five children. Mr. Lennon is now serving his second term as a member of the Board of Public Works, which will expire in March, 1899.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time