Leggett, John H., was born at Lewiston, N. Y., December 21, 1868, and is a son of John C. Leggett, a farmer of that place. Mr. Leggett was educated in the public schools of his native town and De Veaux College, from which he was graduated in 1889, when he began reading law with Hon. P. F. King, of Lockport. In 1892 he was admitted to the bar of New York State and at once formed a partnership with the Hon. P. F. King in the practice of law at Niagara Falls. In 1896 F. J. Brown became a member of the firm and they now have a large and successful practice under the firm name of King, Leggett & Brown. Mr. Leggett is also attorney for the Niagara County Board of Supervisors. November 9, 1892, he married Emily M. Taylor, of Toronto, Can., and they have one daughter, Jennie M., born on February 14, 1896.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time