Lawson, Oliver, one of the enterprising young men of North Tonawanda, is a native of Norway and came to America in 1878. He is an expert sail maker and joined the United States flag ship Pensacola, of the South Pacific station, and made a round trip with her, being paid off at a New Hampshire port. In 1884 he went to Chicago and came to Buffalo in the fall of the same year, where he took a course in the College of Commerce, and in 1891 came to North Tonawanda and established his present business, that of manufacturer and dealer in tents, awnings, flags, canopies, decorations, etc. He has a spacious building and employs from four to six hands; the quality of the work may be judged by the fact that he supplies Armitage, Herschell & Co. with all their canvas goods. In 1896 Mr. Lawson married Julia Daley of Buffalo. He is a Republican in politics and a member of the Masonic fraternity.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time