La Blond, Frank, was born at St Heliers Jersey, England, May 24, 1847, and is a son of Emmanuel Theophilus Le Blond (deceased). Mr. Le Blond attended the public schools at St. Heliers, and at the age of fourteen was apprenticed to a plumber for five years. In 1868 he removed to London, Eng., where he was engaged at his trade for two years; in 1870 he immigrated to America, settled in Niagara Falls, Ont., where he entered the employ of Thomas Barnett, at the Museum. From 1873 to 1878 he was in charge of the water works of the Great Western Railroad Company (now the Grand Trunk), at the Horse-shoe Falls, Canada. In 1878 he opened the Cliff Hotel at Niagara Falls, Ont., which he operated successfully for six years, when he formed a partnership with Richard F. Carter, and built the steamer Maid of the Mist, which began running in June, 1885. He is at present manager of the Maid of the Mist Steamboat Company. He is also actively engaged in many enterprises, as president or managing director, is an extensive land owner and a highly respected citizen. His residence since 1888 has been in Niagara Falls, N. Y.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time