Kelly, J. W. H., was born in Walworth county, Wis., April 25, 1865, a son of James H. and Ellen (Kerr) Kelly. His parents came to Lewiston in 1870 and the family has resided here ever since. His father embarked in the grain, coal and implement business and for some time J. W. H. Kelly has been the active manager of the business. He is an active Democrat and has been delegate to three State conventions, besides serving on the county committee for years, and is regarded as one of the leaders in this part of the country. He has been treasurer of the village of Lewiston for ten years and was elected trustee in the spring of 1897. Mr. Kelly has five sisters: Mrs. Truman Carr, Catherine, Adeline, Mary and Gertrude. James H. Kelly was born in Allegany county, N. Y., and came to Lewiston when a young man, and later moved to Wisconsin, where he remained six years and then returned to Lewiston. He was engaged in the fruit business from 1870 to 1878, when he embarked in the grain business as stated. He is still interested in fruit growing and agriculture and has a fine fruit farm. He has been prominent in public life as well as in business, and has been collector of the port, assessor, village trustee and president of the village.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time