Judson, George D., was born three miles west of Middleport, December 22, 1858. and was a son of George Judson who was born in Hartland in 1802 and was engaged in building and dealing in real estate and keeping store at Johnson Creek for many years, and who about 1854 moved to Lockport where lie erected the Judson House, now known as The Grand, and a number of the hotels and business blocks of Lockport, and who died in 1866 in his sixty-seventh year. George D. Judson was educated at St. Lawrence University, Canton, N. Y., and was graduated in 1880. He then began the study of law with L. F. & G. W. Bowen of Lockport, and was admitted to the bar in 1882. He immediately began the practice of law in Middleport and continued up to 1895, when he went to New York city and practiced for about a year, then returned to Middleport and was made attorney and secretary of the Middleport Manufacturing Company. Since the suspension of business by that corporation, Mr. Judson has been engaged in the general practice of law, making corporation business a specialty.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time