Jeffery, D. Elwood, lawyer, was born in the town of Wilson, Niagara county, N. Y., June 5, 1855, son of David A, and Mandana (Tuttle) Jeffery. His education was obtained at the public schools and the Lockport Union School. After completing his preliminary education he entered the law office of Holmes & Fitts as a student, where he remained for a short time, when he accepted a position in the surrogate's office as a clerk and remained there for five years, during which time he was admitted to the bar. He at this date formed a copartnership with his brother, Mr. E. L. Jeffery, which continued for five years, when he conducted the business alone for a period of four years. During this time he was assistant district attorney, and in 1893 formed a copartnership with Mr. D. E. Brong, under the firm name of Brong & Jeffery, which partnership still continues. Mr. Jeffery is a member of the Masonic fraternity and the Knights of St. John and Malta, also the Ancient Order of Foresters and Lockport Hook and Ladder Co. No. 1. He married in 1886, Miss Kate M. Beckett of Geneva, N. Y.; they have two children, Mary Grace and David E. Politically Mr. Jeffery is a Republican.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time