Hixon, D. A. - The Gardner Foundry and manufactory of plows and farm implements was established on South street, its present location, by Leonard Gardner about the year 1850, under the name of the City Novelty Works. About 1875 the son, Cassius M. Gardner, was admitted to partnership and the business was conducted under the name of L. Gardner & Son until the death of Leonard Gardner in 1884, when the name of the business was changed to the Gardner Foundry Company, under the management of Cassius M. Gardner until his death in 1886. The business was continued under the management of D. A. Hixon, who is also a member of the firm of Brown, Hixon & Co., No. 77 Main street, Lockport, N. Y. Since that time the Gardner Foundry has run the year round and their productions are varied. Their plows and implements are well known in Western New York as well as the large line of fine machinery and builders' castings, furnaces, furnace grates, horse powers, furnace kettles, etc.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time