Henry, L. E., was born in Porter, N. Y., October 22, 1858, a son of Lewis, born in Jefferson county, N. Y., a son of Ziba Henry, born in New Hampshire, and came to Jefferson county when a young man. L. E. Henry was reared on the farm and educated in the common schools, and a select school in Youngstown. He was with W. H. Doyle & Son of Youngstown for two years, and in 1880 came to Wilson, where he was clerk in the post-office for three months, when he engaged as a clerk for O. S. McChesney, druggist, and remained with him for eleven years. In 1892 he engaged in the grocery and meat business for himself and has been very successful. In politics he is a Prohibitionist and has served as trustee of the village and member of the Union School Board of Education for several terms. In 1881 he married Ella Spicer at Lockport, and they have three children: Lulu, Mabel and Clair. Mr. and Mrs. Henry are members of the First Presbyterian church of Wilson, in which he has been deacon, elder and trustee for several years, and for some time was superintendent of the Sunday School.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time