Hatch, Charles W., one of the enterprising and successful men of Lockport, was born in the town of Murray, Orleans county, N. Y., January 13, 1851. Mr. Hatch received his education from the Holley Academy and the Brockport Normal School; he then engaged in teaching for a number of years and after this service embarked in the dour, grain and produce business, and in 1882 removed to Lockport to take charge of the Niagara County Fruit Company's extensive business, and has since resided in that city. This company was organized and incorporated under the laws of New Jersey, with headquarters at Philadelphia, Mr. Hatch being the manager of the Lockport branch. He has always taken an active part in politics and in 1888 was elected supervisor of his ward; was a member of the city Board of Health for four years, chairman of the Republican County Committee for two years and its secretary for one year, and takes an active interest in municipal affairs. He is a member of the Anglers' Club and was its president for two years. He is also a member of the Ancient Order of United Workmen, of the Royal Arcanum and of the Lockport Fire Department. June 5, 1872, he married Avis, daughter of Hon. John Berry of Holley, Orleans county.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time