Harmony, Edwin, was born in the town of Lynn, Lehigh county, Pa., April 25, 1825, a son of Daniel and Anna (Long) Harmony. His great-grandfather, Rudolph Harmony, came from Holland in an early day and settled at Lehigh, where he lived and died. His maternal grandfather owned a large tract of land on which is now one of the largest developed coal mines of Pennsylvania. The father came to Seneca county in 1826 and engaged in farming; in 1834 he came to Niagara county, settling in Cambria, where he died in 1854. Edwin Harmony was reared on the farm and educated at Wilson Collegiate Institute. In 1855 he married Mary A., daughter of William and Susan Murray and they had two children, Harriet A. B. and Lewis Sheldon, who died at the age of four years. Mr. Harmony has always had a home on the old homestead, where he carries on farming and fruit growing. He was engaged in the grocery business for a short time and was also agent in the oil field, buying and shipping oil. In politics Mr. Harmony is a Republican and has been justice of the peace and supervisor; he is a member of the Niagara County Farmers' Club and is its vice president.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time