Hall, Charles M., was born in Geauga county, Ohio, December 6, 1863, and is a son of the Rev. Herman B. Hall, a Congregationalist minister of that place, now retired and residing at Oberlin, Ohio. Mr. Hall began his school career at the age of nine years, when he attended the public schools at Oberlin, whither his parents had removed in 1872 [or 1873]; later he took a course in Oberlin College, and was graduated there from in 1885. He was one of the pioneers in the manufacture of aluminum and while experimenting in the chemical laboratory at Oberlin College, he made important discoveries in connection with this material which resulted in the organization in 1886, of the Pittsburg Aluminum or Reduction Company, of which he was chosen first vice-president, and upon the completion of their big plant at Niagara Falls in 1895, he was made resident manager, in which capacity he now serves.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time