Good, George W., was born in the town of Niagara, March 6, 1842. His father, George Good, was a native of Pennsylvania, and came to Lewiston, thence to Niagara Falls, where he established the first tailor shop and afterwards kept hotel four miles east of the Falls. In 1846 he came to Royalton, where he was one of the leading farmers; he married Mary, daughter of Peter Hitth. George W. Good was educated in the common schools; in 1866 he married Maggie, daughter of Peter Arnold, and they have one son, Edward. Mr. Good is one of the practical and successful farmers of his town and in 1893 was appointed postmaster of his town; he takes an active interest in school matters and has served as trustee for sixteen years.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time