Frazer, Washington A., was born September 30, 1869, at Lockport, N. Y., and is a son of John Frazer, a prominent farmer of that place and for many years a justice of the peace. Washington A. Frazer was educated in the Lockport Union schools, and at twenty years of age entered the offices of the superintendent of the Grand Trunk Railroad Company, at Hamilton, Ont., Canada, as a clerk, remaining there until 1887. At that time he removed to Niagara Falls, N. Y., and entered the employ of his brother, William A. Frazer, lumber dealer, and was there until 1894, when he established his present business, building a large mill and lumber yard, and has since been successful in all his operations. Mr. Frazer has erected a number of fine residences at Niagara Falls, of which he is the owner, and is also interested in the timber business, at Gore Bay, Ont., Canada. He is an extensive real estate owner, and one of the leading business men of Niagara Falls. He is a member of Niagara Lodge No. 375, F. & A. M. of Lockport. In 1891 Mr. Frazer was united in marriage with Miss Agnes Preston, of Niagara Falls, Ont., and they have two children, a son and a daughter. Mrs. Frazer is a daughter of Fred J. Preston, the first mayor of Niagara Falls, Ont., now deceased.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time