Frazer, John J., a leading carriage manufacturer of Lockport, was born in that city April 19, 1853. His early education was obtained from the public schools and at an early age he was apprenticed at the carriage maker's trade. In 1872 he established his present business and built a handsome three story brick building, 138 by 44 feet, with basement. He makes a specialty of work to order, as well as all kinds of repairing. Mr. Frazer is a son of John and Sarah (Orr) Frazer, who removed from Canada to Lockport in 1847. In 1875, he married Anna, daughter of J. W. Doty of Lockport, and this union has been blessed with two daughters: Gertrude A. and Edith L., who are now attending college in Cincinnati.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time