Farley, Francis B., was born in Wilson, Niagara county, N. Y., May 30, 1856, a son of Benjamin and Lavinna (Le Baron) Farley. Benjamin Farley was born in Salem, Mass., October 4, 1810, and in 1842 came to Niagara county; he was a farmer and also engaged in the mercantile business at Wilson. In politics he was first a Whig and afterwards a Republican; he held various town offices, and in 1857 was elected sheriff of the county, supervisor in 1865, and elected to the Assembly in 1867 from the Second district of Niagara county. He died May 15, 1876. Mrs. Farley was born in Leroy, N. Y., in 1812 and came to Wilson about 1847, where she now resides. Francis B. Farley was reared on a farm and educated in the Wilson Union School; he spent several years in Lockport as a contractor and builder, but is a farmer by occupation. December 2, 1886, he married Kittie, daughter of Morgan G. and Hester (Sears) Van Wagoner, and they have two sons, Ray M. and F. Leon. Mrs. Farley's father was a farmer and died in 1864; his widow is still living in Wilson. Her grandfather was an early settler in Niagara county and died in Lockport.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time