Dean, William H., was born at Detroit, Mich., November 8, 1837, and is a son of Frederick Dean, a butcher, who removed to Niagara Falls in 1838. In 1848 his parents removed to Lewiston, N. Y., where he took up his studies in the Lewiston public schools, and at the age of fifteen he left school and entered business with his father, where he remained until 1859, when he returned to Niagara Falls, forming a partnership with William M. Sherwood and establishing a meat market business, which was successfully carried on for twenty years. The partnership was dissolved in 1881, and since that time he has continued in the same line of business alone. Mr. Dean married Ada M. Brook at Lewiston in 1858, and has had three children, two of whom survive, William H. Dean, jr., and F. A. W. Dean. Mr. Dean has been for twenty years a member of the A. O. U. W.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time