Dean, Frederick E., was born at Lewiston, N. Y., January 4, 1859, a son of Edwin Dean, at present a farmer of Youngstown, N. Y. Frederick E. Dean was educated in the public schools of Niagara county; he left school at an early age and went into business with his father; at his majority entered the employ of the Niagara Falls and Suspension Bridge Street Railroad, rising through all the grades to the position of superintendent, which position he held at the time of his resignation in 1889. During the following three years until 1892, he was engaged in the livery business which he operated successfully. In 1893 he established the present city market of which he became clerk and still retains that position. Mr. Dean has been prominent in business circles and as contractor, helped build the Buffalo and Niagara Falls Electric Railroad; also is interested in the quarries of this section.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time