Cromley, Charles E., was born in Fulton, Oswego county, N. Y., March 8, 1860, and is a son of James Cromley, who was for years head cutter in a large shoe manufactory at Fulton. Mr. Cromley received his education at the public schools and at the age of thirteen began to earn his living by selling newspapers. He studied law in the offices of Pardee & Piper of Fulton, and later entered the office of Davenport & Tennant, at Richfield Springs; he was admitted to the Saratoga Springs bar in 1880 and practiced law in Fulton until 1883, when he came to Niagara Falls and entered into partnership with H. C. Tucker, formerly of Buffalo. This partnership was dissolved in 1885, and he continued practice alone until 1891, when he formed a partnership with S. Z. Lawrence, which was dissolved in January, 1896. Since that time he has been in the successful and uninterurpted practice of his profession. In 1886 Mr. Cromley was elected police justice of Niagara Falls, being the first to fill that position. He is an able and brilliant attorney, respected and honored by all who know him.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time