Colpoys, Henry L., was born in the village of Suspension Bridge, February 10, 1864, and is a son of William Colpoys, for many years a railroad employee. Mr. Colpoys was educated in the public schools, and at the age of thirteen went to work at the Western Hotel at Suspension Bridge, where he remained for four years, when he was offered and accepted a position as baggageman with the West Shore Railway at that place. After two years' service with the West Shore Railway he became identified with the old Erie Express at Buffalo, N. Y., which went out of existence a year later (1884), at which time he returned to Niagara Falls and entered the employ of the Erie Railway Company as clerk in the freight department. After six years' service he was promoted to the chief clerkship by E. R. Allen, then agent; upon the removal of Mr. Allen as agent at Wellsville, he was promoted agent of the freight department, which position he still occupies.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time