Clark, Rev. Thomas F., Wheatfield, was born in Buffalo, and educated in Canisius College where he spent six years, at Allegheney, where he was one year, and at the Propaganda, Italy, where he studied for five years. He was ordained May 30, 1896, and soon after was appointed to North Tonawanda. The Roman Catholic church of North Tonawanda dates its history from 1887, when Father J. M. Bustin selected the present site on the corner of Vandervoot and Robinson streets; previous to this a mission service was held at Hent's Hall. The church was completed in 1888 and was dedicated November 18, 1888, being named the Church of the Ascension. This building was burned about Christmas of 1894, and the present fine brick structure was erected in the summer of 1895. July 8, 1896, Rev. Father Cronin was appointed priest and on September 2, 1896, Father Clark came as assistant and resident priest.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time