Cary, Eugene, was born at Dunkirk, N. Y., November 21, 1857, and is a son of Richard L. Cary, a merchant of that place. Eugene Cary attended the public schools at Dunkirk, and later took a course at Cornell University, from which he was graduated in 1878. In the fall of the same year he entered the office of County Judge T. P. Grosvenor, at Dunkirk, where he read law until 1881, at which time he was appointed superintendent of public schools at Bedford, Iowa, and retained that position until June, 1884. He then returned to Buffalo, N. Y., and was admitted to the bar of the State of New York; since that time he has been in continuous practice in Dunkirk, Forestville and Niagara Falls, removing to the latter city in October, 1885, where he formed a partnership with H. C. Tucker, which was dissolved in 1887. ln 1893 he formed a partnership with William C. Wallace, practicing law under the firm name of Cary & Wallace, and has a large and rapidly growing practice. Mr. Cary is a member of the Board of Education at Niagara Falls, a director of the Power City Bank and is a prominent Republican politician. July 5, 1882, he married Mary M. Wand of Buffalo, and they have two children, Richard L. and Anna.
Contributed 2017 by Lisa Slaski from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York, by William Pool, D. Mason & Co., Syracuse, NY, 1897
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time