Arnold, John B., was born in the town of Lima, Livingston county, N. Y., May 11, 1848. He was educated in the public schools of his native town and the Genesee Wesleyan Seminary. In 1865 he removed to Lockport and was employed in the Niagara Flour Mills for three years, when he purchased an interest in the Lockport City Flour Mills and continued in that business as a member of the firm of Gibson, Arnold & Little and later of the firm of Arnold & Little, until 1890. In 1892 he became connected with the United Indurated Fiber Company and is now filling the position of paymaster. He was married in October, 1878, to Eugenia F. Adriance of Lockport, N. Y. Mr. Arnold has always taken a deep interest in public affairs and in 1884 was elected county treasurer of Niagara county; he also served on the Board of Education for two terms. He is a man of business ability and is respected by all who know him.
Extracted from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time