Angevine, Jeremy, was born in the town of Mendon. Monroe county, N. Y., November 17, 1822, a son of Philip and Polly (Dewig, a daughter of Capt. John Dewig, of the war of 1812) Angevine, natives of Vermont. Philip Angevine came to Niagara county in 1844, and ran a hotel in Lockport for five years; he died in 1871, and Mrs. Angevine in 1880. Jeremy Angevine commenced business in Lockport in a hotel in 1844, which he carried on for several years; he then purchased a farm and in 1889 removed to Cambria, where he has since carried on general farming and stock raising. In 1857 Mr. Angevine married Hannah Wiman, and they have six sons and six daughters: Juliette, wife of Frank Simons; William, farmer at Newfane; Jane, wife of Charles Garbit, carpenter and joiner; Charles, works the home farm, married Anna Elwood; Arthur (deceased); Sadie; Stella, wife of Frank Halifax; Jeremy, jr.; Frances, wife of Frank White; John; Minnie, wife of John Mills; Edward and Harry (deceased), and Hannah, at home. Mrs. Angevine died in January, 1881.
Extracted from Landmarks of Niagara County, New York
Niagara NYGenWeb Copyright
Design by Templates in Time