1860 Residents, Land owners, and Business Owners:
Names Transcribed from the 1860 Wall Map of Niagara County

In 1996, the Niagara County Genealogical Society began reprinting a rare wall map (used for many years in the schools) of the county and its villages and hamlets. The reprints include twelve smaller maps, of individual villages, and one large county map.

All the maps show many names of land owners and residents; some areas provide two different sets of names, one from the small map and one from the large.

Volunteer Gail Allore transcribed the following villages and hamlets:

TownPlacename
Cambria PEKIN, a crossroad at the town lines of Lewiston and Cambria
Hartland JOHNSONS CREEK
MIDDLEPORT, situated so the northern half was in the town of Hartland, the southern half in the town of Royalton
Lewiston LEWISTON
PEKIN, a crossroad at the town lines of Lewiston and Cambria
Lockport LOCKPORT
RAPIDS
Newfane CHARLOTTE
OLCOTT
Niagara NIAGARA FALLS
Pendleton PENDLETON
Porter RANSOMVILLE
YOUNGSTOWN,
Royalton GASPORT
MIDDLEPORT, situated so the northern half was in the town of Hartland, the southern half in the town of Royalton
ORANGEPORT
REYNALES BASEN
ROYALTON CENTRE
Somerset SOMERSET CORNERS
Wheatfield MARTINSVILLE
NEW BERGHOLTZ
NORTH TONAWANDA
Wilson WILSON